When you work with a report, based on an dimensional model, it can occur that the result shows a lot of empty values.
This is not what you would like to see. Instead you would like to see only the rows that have a value.
To achieve this you can use the following solution:
– In the report choose filter
– Click on the icon to add a new filter
– Put a filter on the Amount [Aantal] column of the FACT
– In the Expression Definition you put: [Aantal] IS NOT NULL
Often when you run a report it shows no data, because of filters for example. In that case you only see the header of the table, the data is empty. Instead you want to show the user there is no data.
Use the following steps:
1. Select the table witch you don’t want to show in case of no data
2. In the properties pane go to “No data contents” (Geen gegevens beschikbaar)
3. Change the property from “No” to “Yes”. The table changes.
4. Select a text item into the new area. Edit the text as you like, eg. “No data for this selection”
Result when running the report
This error occurred while running a report.
The IBM site says:
While running the report, Cognos 8 server will temporarily store all data sets in the Cognos8_install_directory/temp directory. If the disk is out of the space, the error message will be generated.
Assign more disk space on the Cognos 8 server machine.
The other solution is to search in the cognos log files what query is running for the report and look if there are full outer joins in the query.
Perhaps a solution is to make an other selection for the report to avoid the full outer joins.
When I ran a report in report studio following error occured:
RQP-DEF-0526 QueryReuse: the generated sql is not supported locally.
Using the query for a crosstab/list can give no errors but using the query for a chart gives the error. Continue reading
When you want to show some explanatory text on a mouseover on a list header you can use the following solution:
1. Unlock the report
2. Drag a HTML item before the header text item
3. Add the HTML: <span title=”Text to show on hoover”>
4. Drag a HTML item after the header text item
5. Add the HTML: </span>
6. Lock the report
Run the report to see the result.