When you work with a report, based on an dimensional model, it can occur that the result shows a lot of empty values.
This is not what you would like to see. Instead you would like to see only the rows that have a value.
To achieve this you can use the following solution:
– In the report choose filter
– Click on the icon to add a new filter
– Put a filter on the Amount [Aantal] column of the FACT
– In the Expression Definition you put: [Aantal] IS NOT NULL
Often when you run a report it shows no data, because of filters for example. In that case you only see the header of the table, the data is empty. Instead you want to show the user there is no data.
Use the following steps:
1. Select the table witch you don’t want to show in case of no data
2. In the properties pane go to “No data contents” (Geen gegevens beschikbaar)
3. Change the property from “No” to “Yes”. The table changes.
4. Select a text item into the new area. Edit the text as you like, eg. “No data for this selection”
Result when running the report