When you want to show some explanatory text on a mouseover on a list header you can use the following solution:
1. Unlock the report
2. Drag a HTML item before the header text item
3. Add the HTML: <span title=”Text to show on hoover”>
4. Drag a HTML item after the header text item
5. Add the HTML: </span>
6. Lock the report
Run the report to see the result.
When you create a standard table in a report you can have double rows with the same data
In Cognos it is possible to group these rows
Follow the next steps to group the rows in the table
1. Select the column in the table witch you want to group
2. Choose in Report Studio –> Structure –> Group/degroup
3. The result in the table after that:
4. Next run the report and the result looks like:
Normally a user only can see 15 objects/reports in the grid. The user can choose the number of visible objects/reports.
The user must log into Cognos
In Cognos Connection click on “My preferences” Continue reading
In a cognos report you can get ‘/0’ as a result in a table.
This is because in that field the calculation is /0. Continue reading