I was creating a report schedule for the user. The user provided text to add to the email body of the scheduled report. After pasting the text and clicking OK, it resulted in Error PRS-TRS-0906 The “VALIDATE” transform instruction could not validate the given XML content”
The issue was caused by copy/paste of text from the users email. This text was copied from the users email and seems to contain attributes that cognos can’t handle.
Paste the users text to notepad and copied from notepad to the body of the email. Then switched the setting to “Change to HTML format”.
The requested styling could be provided now such as bold and underlined.
Similar solution was descibed on Cognoise.com:
1. Start IBM Cognos Connection.
2. In the upper-right corner, click Launch, IBM Cognos Administration
3. On the Status tab, click System.
4. In the upper-left corner of the Scorecard pane, click the arrow to view the Change view menu. Click Services, and then click All.
5. Click the arrow next to ReportService to display the Actions menu, and then click Set properties.
6. Click the Settings tab.
7. Click Edit next to Advanced Settings.
8. Select Override the settings acquired from the parent entry.
9. In the Parameter column, enter the desired parameter
10. In the Value column, enter the default value
11. Click OK twice
12. Redo steps 5 – 11 for the BatchReportService
When a Cognos report is exported to Excel the tabs are numbered with a sequence.
Sometimes this is not a desired feature. You want to prevent Cognos from adding a “_” and a sequence number. Continue reading