On Cognoise.com a solution was shared by hanfrie for automatic size (autosize) of a Search & Select prompt:
Put three HTML Items around the Search & Select prompt, two on the left, one on the right. I call them html1, html2 and html3. Put the following text into html1, html2 and html3 respectively;
You have users in the organisation with different display resolution (800 x 600 and 1024 x 768) for the same Dashboard or report.
How can everyone have maximum screen size? Continue reading
In case of problems with Cognos it is possible to create logfiles. You can configure this in Cognos Configuration.
To create this logfile follow the next steps:
1. Start Cognos Configuration
2. In Environment right click on Logging
3. Select New resource > Destination
4. Name it eg. File, select File as Type and click OK
5.File is created
6. Click once on File and you can see the properties
7. When you want to keep some more history, you can set the Maximum number of full log files to eg. 10
8. On the Cognos server the files can be found under /opt/cognos/c8/logs