In report you often want to switch between a crosstab/table or a chart. You can give the user this selection with a prompt and a variable.
1. Insert a value prompt above the table. Parameter is p_view
2. Insert static choises:
3. Set standard selection to the type you want to see default, eg. Chart
4. Create a variable “VarView” with the expression: If (ParamValue(‘p_view’) = ‘Table’) then ‘Table’ else ‘Chart’
5. Add values to the variable: Table, Chart
6. Make sure that the crosstab/table is placed in a table. Also the chart has to be placed in a table.
7. Click once on the table cell the crosstab/table is placed in
8. Choose Stylevariable = “VarView”
9. Click once an the table cell the chart is placed in
10. Choose Stylevariable = “VarView”
11. Now select the value “table” from the variable, the centre gets green
12. Select the tablecell where the chart is placed and set “box type” to “none”
13. Now select the value “chart” from the variable
14. Select the tablecell where the crosstab/table is placed and set “box type” to “none”
15. Add some script with a html item next to the value prompt to hide the first 2 lines.
See the article Hide 2 top rows in prompt on this site